Thursday, March 3, 2011

Idol Top 10 Picks

The two hour reults show airs tonight, thats right 2 hours of dumb group performances and videos to drag out this results show.  But in the end...here are my TOP 10 picks from the 24 in the picture below!


For the GENTS!!

James Durbin- Yeah he's awesome.  On Tuesday night he sang "You've Got Another Thing Coming" which was just fantastic.  A very energetic performance and the things he did with his voice were out of this world.  No that wasn't screaming it's actually a note, crazy.  I would venture to say he is a top 12 guarantee.  View his performance Here.

Casey Abrams- Sang "I Put a spell on you" and did he do just that is the question America.  I think so, he had a great performance and showed a LOT of range in his vocals.  Now if he could just shave??  Check his performance Here.

Jacob Lusk- Sang "A House is not a Home," on Tuesday night.  And while I hate hate hate this song, mostly because it has been sang on American Idol a gazzzzzillion times, and is it bbbb-boring, he sang the crap out of it.  His voice is good enough for top 12 and you could really tell he was feelin that jam, and being the 11th performance that will stick in the viewers mind.  Welcome to the top 12 buddy, doubt ya last long.  View his performance Here.


Paul McDonald- I am going to go out on a limb here with this choice.  I think Paul has a big fan base because he is cute and fun, not necessarily for his voice.  And definitely not based on his performance of "Maggie May" on Tuesday night.  I think he is upbeat and has a twang the viewers will see and appreciate.  Hopefully he can pick a more current song next round.  Check his Tuesday performance HERE.

Scotty McCreery- Ahhhh out token Country boy!!  I like him, well when you are listening and not watching his mouth.  He has a good ole country boy look to him that is going to win the hearts of the fans.   He sang "Letters from home," it was good, not great, but enough!  Go Scotty Go!!  Check his performance Here.

And for the LADIES!!!!

Lauren Alaina- My Favorite of the girls and who I am going to go ahead and call the next American Idol brought the house down last night.  She sang "Turn on the Radio" which was a great choice for an upbeat youngster like herself.  Randy compared her to a mix somewhere between Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood which were my 2 favorites from seasons past and really the only 2 that are still stars!!  You go girl!!  View her performance HERE.

Pia Toscano- LOVE LOVE LOVED her performance last night, I also am obsessed with "I'll Stand By You" which she sang last night.  She was the last performance, Rocked the place, and was given the first standing ovation by not only the crowd but the judges as well.  I don't think she missed a beat, she really nailed this one.  Great first performance, will definitely get her into the top 12, I will be interested to see how she does throughout the competition.  Check her performance HERE.

Lauren Turner- Sang "7 day fool" last night, yeah I have never heard of it either...when you can choose ANY song you want, why oh why do contestants continue to choose songs no one has ever heard of.  What I like about her is that grrrrr thing she does.  She goes low, she goes high, she is fun to watch.  I don't see her winning but I think she'll stick around another round or 4ish! View her performance HERE.


Karen Rodriguez- She sang "Hero" last night by Muriah Carey.  She did this whole English to Spanish number, helloooooo it's American Idol.  While I wasn't a fan of the switching of languages I guess she did make it her own, she has a good voice, and a lot of people out there will probably appreciate her effort.  I wouldn't say I got goosebumps like Mrs Lopez but I think the judges reviews is just what she needs to get top 12 status.  View her performance HERE.

Haley Reinhart- First off I love her curls.  Second I think she has the look to be an American Idol so I think that will get her the votes to keep her around for a little bit.  Last night she sang "Fallen," which I think was a great song choice, beacuse people know the song!!  She did well, not awesome, but she'll make the cut!  Check her performance HERE.

Will report back tomorrow on how I did!!  Who do you think makes the top 10????

2 comments:

Jenn Weller said...

Lauren A!! She became my fave when she sang w. Tyler in her audition. She is outstanding!!!

Julie Robins said...

Pia and Lauren A!!!!!!