Thursday, November 22, 2012

30 days of Thankful...Day 22

Day 22: My Mom

This Thanksgiving day is even more special because it's also my moms birthday!!  My mom is absolutely amazing and is my very best friend.  She is always in my corner, always 100% supportive, and is so much fun to hang out with.  This year has been new and exciting for everyone and many relationships, but my mom and I have grown even closer together.  Having a baby makes you realize even more how awesome your own mom is and how much she loves you!!  Debs was there from the beginning, at my appt with me, and driving me to the hospital to have a baby of my own.  She never left our side until we said it was okay, which with everything we went through was a rare occurrence.  Luckily she was less than 5 minutes from the hospital and was only a phone call away.  Many times Eric would even call her and be like can you come back, she was part of our team and just had a way of making things better.  Ryan finally came home and Debs stayed with us for a week and waited on all of us hand and foot.  She made every meal, cleaned the entire house every day, and was up with me feeding the baby every 3 hours of the night.  I don't know how we would have done it without her, still don't.  Maternity leave was so much fun, we had great weather, Debs would come over or I would go to her house or we would do something fun at least 3 or 4 times a week it seemed like.  Eric took a new job where he travels some each month.  Basically every time he leaves town, Debs moves in with me!  I love the help, but more than anything I love the company.  We spent many nights sitting on the deck (with the monitor of course), sipping on some wine, and just talking and talking like only females can do, gabbin' it up as Eric says.  And then yes you guessed it, if a certain little man woke up, Debs to the rescue!  And even now, Debs continues to be such a blessing in our lives.  She drops everything at the drop of the hat if we need her!

More than just this year she has been the best mom any 3 kids could ask for.  She went through tough times and her kids always came first and never missed out on anything.  She never missed our games, even though sometimes we wish she would have haha, and she had to put up with me who was prob the worst and meanest teenager ever. 

My mom is so young at heart and it's exactly how I want to be.  She plays a ton of tennis, she has a ton of friends, does stamping groups, and card night, etc etc.  She has a ton of energy and is always so upbeat.  Age really is just a number to really my whole fam!  To me 56 is the new 30 because 31 of course is the new 18, a girl can dream right?!?!

This year has been so great!  We have gotten to spend so much time together and experience becoming a mom and grandma together.  I wish her the very happiest of birthdays and hope that she realizes every day how very very VERY thankful we are ALL to have her!!!
 









No comments: