Friday, March 4, 2011

Holy Smokes- someone put an end to this craziness

Okay so I am SUPER annoyed with everything going in with the government and GAS PRICES.  OMG.  Chris and I carpooled to our Tennis Match tonight, all the way at Army Navy Country Club in south Arlington.  When you live in the boonies, Arlington seems like a million miles away.  But we were playing the 1st place team, so we looked past our roadtrip.  HOWEVER, I was running out of gas when we arrived in Arlington, Chris said well lets just get it after the match since it's on the other side of the road.  Well, tennis match was a disaster, our team lost.  So we pull out and into the gas station, $3.55 a gallon?!?!?!  You have got to be kidding me.  I guess the prices have been going up for a while and I just hadn't noticed they were even in the $3 range.  When I started driving I filled up my honda for $11.00 TOTAL, now I can go maybe a mile at that price.  This is riiiiiiiiiiiidiculous.  Of course Chris thought it was more riiiiiiidiculous that I had to get out and take a picture to share with all of you, but seriously....someone take control of this damn country!!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ugh, I hate it! It was 99cents a gallon in 1999

Jenn said...

I was just telling a friend (in my best old man voice) "I remember when I first started driving, gas was 97 cents/gallon at Sheetz. For $20, you could fill up, get a shmuffin AND have change leftover." Definitely the good ol' days!