Friday, January 28, 2011

January Report Card

Before I even go through this I can start off by saying FAIL, def didn't stick to most of my resolutions, will give it a go, a MUCH more serious go for February!!

1.LIFE:  For my safety and YOURS- absolutely no more, texting, reading texts/emails/gchats etc while behind the wheel of a car, YES that includes even at a stop light.  Therefore, if we are in the middle of a conversation and I disappear into thin air, you now know why!! - This has not been good, I mean not bad or any worse then before, and I thought the new car would help, but I still find myself checking the crackberry every time I hear a noise or feel a vibration.  However, blue tooth is awesome and has helped a lot- such a cool idea, I love it!!!

2. HEALTH: 2011 is the year of my 30th birthday, not 21st...this January good bye vino...well not totally because that would just be crazy, BUT I am now limiting myself to 3 (3oz) glasses PER week....- The drinking aspect has been ehhh okay.  We had one exception at Clydes with the Pellet's when we went a bit overboard, but it was just soooo much fun!!!!

3. EXERCISE: Come spring time I want to be ready to get my run back on, therefore I am not going to put a number of times to the gym because my schedule is absolutely insane...goal: 10 miles on the treadmill per week! - Now here I have really really really not done anything, I haven't been to the gym yet, not once in 2011.  Correct, I have failed miserably at achieving this goal, fallen 10 miles short of my resolution every single week eeek.

4. MONEY:January is going to be the month of no, I repeast absolutely NO extra spending!!  After a Christmas like we just had, what else could we possibly need!!  Gas and Groceries it is, plus we get 5% cash back through Chase in Jan on those items!  - This resolution has been met, we have been really good about spending money this month, UNLESS of course you count a new car in the "extra spending" category haha :)  It's really all perception isn't it :)

5. HABITS: No more nicotine, while I have quit smoking, I am talking Donezo this January.  No more drags, no more "only because I'm drinking," no more it's the 3rd Friday of the month, no no no bad Brooke!!- I will not lie, I had one Marlboro 100, this was the Clydes night, ooops...but other than that no, none, nada, zilch!!!

6. DIET: Starting the month off with the Cabbage soup/GM diet...this is just for a week to get the boost I need, then it's back to Weight Watchers, only now STRICT!!!  Goal: 7 pounds lighter January 31st. - Now this is interesting, while I decided the Cabbage Soup/GM diet was a no go due to the fact one of the main food on 2 -3 of the days were melons and lets face it's not MELON season so those things were wayyy too expensive if I could even find them, I am down 12 pounds from where I started the month.  THANK YOU Weight Watchers.  Of course this could be all my huge muscles turning to mush via lack - O gymnasium.

7. MARRIAGE: I am going to be the absolutely best wife to Eric, and plan 3 surprises this month!  Since January is also no spending, light drinking month, I think Friday nights= date night IN!--eeek to the surprises, didn't quite get to those....although he has been able to open 3 of our anniversary cards!  Yes,  we are still sticking to that from a few months back, you can refresh your memory here!  So yes technically I did give Eric 3 surprises...will do better next month!!  However, we have had an awesome month, 14 months into this whole marriage thing and I think our communication is top notch!!!

8.WORK: I am going to work hard everyday, and my goal is going to be to learn at least 1 new thing EACH week of the month to expand my skill set. -Now this, I have far over EXCEEDED, as most of you know I was promoted at the beginning of January to a new role as the HR/Recruiting Manager.  I have learned SOOOOO much, it has been great!!  I feel like my brain is working again, I love being challenged!!!

9. Other Important Relationships: Visit Gma and Papa Parker twice in the month of January.- We did have dinner with Gma and Papa and the whole family once this month, def not enough but better than nothing!!  I always enjoy the time we get to spend with everyone!


10. FUTURE PLANNING: put money into savings!!! - YESSSIREEEEBOB!!!

So at the end of the day the report isn't as horrible as I was expecting, but THIS IS WHY I am only setting goals for one month at a time.  Because you know, the ones I didn't hit this month, I get a whole new slate for February!!  Speaking of, I better get to writing those February goals, will post them this weekend!!!  HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE, seriously people!!!

No comments: