Wednesday, March 9, 2011

top 13 perform

I thought it was a okay night all around, although I was underwhelmed by some!  I am excited about this season, a lot of awesome voices and performers!!!  And here we go, top 13 perform and:


Lauren Alaina starts it off tonight with "Any Man of Mine," love this song.  I wasn't in love with the performance though, thought it was kind of boring.  Lucky for her she is super cute, has a great voice, and already has the Carrie/Kelly comparison.
No doubt she will be back next week,  she already has a huge fan base that will pull it out for her but for next week....comeeeeeee on Lauren bring it girl!!!!

Casey Abrams performs "I get by with a little help from my friends"- WOW, loved it!!  From him rummmmbling on the stares, first 5 seconds and he had me hooked.  This guy is growing on me, beard AND all!!!

Ashton Jones, After being compared to Diana Ross last week, was inspired I guess to try and be her??  Not so much, her rendition of "When you tell me that you loved me" kinda sucked, yeah I said it.  I was not a fan, boooooooooooooring. 

Paul McDonald- Well he got up and stage and performed "come pick me up."  What on earth was he doing up there??  The whole performance was just weird and ackward.  I think he's in trouble.  Sorry J-Lo I did not get it.


Pia Toscano-  She is AWESOME, she sang "All by Myself," and she had me hooked the first time she belted out the chorus.  She just looks like a professional, she sounds like a professional, you took a huge risk singing Celine and she nailed it!  "Very hot/dope/cool performance" exactly, couldn't have said it better Randy!

James Durbin- He's just so pretty!  Ha!  No but really, he sang "Maybe I'm Amazed" and I was just that, amazed!  His voice is awesome, and he isn't going anywhere- can't wait to hear him again next week!!

Hayley Reinhart- Sang "Blue."  Hummmm I don't really have anything to say, I mean it was fine, she is super cute, she sang it pretty well, she did that growling thing with her voice that I love so much, but it wasn't anything I am going to remember tomorrow.  She'll be back though...

Jacob Lusk- He sang "I Believe I can fly."  He did a great job, overall a good performance in my opinion.  Did he rock the house, no, but he definitely gets into his music which makes him entertaining and he has a voice to back it up! 

Thia Megia- Sang "Smile" beautifully.  Her voice is so peaceful and soft, very nice voice.  Another one that is just okay and boring.

Stefano Langone- sang "Lately."  To me it was kinda a mix between a Broadway play with those weird facial expressions, to some weird beat in the background where he was screaming in the foreground.  I mean I think he had a few moments of okay-ness...


Karen Rodriguez- Sang "I Could Fall in Love," while I think she has a great voice, really great voice actually, but if she makes it through, I don't think she will be around forever.  I don't think she has the "it" factor.  I am thankful she stuck with one language though, thanks Kare Bear!!

Scotty McCreery - Sang "The River" by Garth Brooks.  This was one of the ones I was soooo excited for going into tonight's performance.  He made me proud, he had the audience involved, and he just looked like a natural up there!!  Standing Ovation from the crowd for Scotty too hottie, awww!!!

Naima Adedapo- Sang "Umbrella."  Hummm I did not like this performance and she isn't exactly my style.  Did she even sing a note this evening??  However, she is different and I know how American's love different so I think we will see her again.  She definitely brought flavor as Steve Tyler says.

Bottom 3: Ashton, Paul, Thia

Unfortunately for Ashton, I think she has seen the end of the road :( tear.

No comments: