Friday, February 4, 2011

a trip down memory lane....

I graduated from Oakton High School in 1999, Whitney then graduated in 2005, and I would have to say 2005 was probably the last time I have been back.  As you know Whitney and I are now coaching our sister Taylor's travel team.  Tonight we decided it would be fun to take them to the Oakton game to 1. show them what it's like at the next level and 2. to show them our names on the wall so maybe they will start listening to what we say haha:)  Anywho, what a weird feeling it was walking back into a gym where I spent hours upon hour upon hours and had memories on the court and off that court that will last a life time.  I would soooo go back and do it again in a second if I could.  Stinks those 4 years go by so fast, nothing else quite compares.  The girls all got to sit behind the Oakton bench and afterwards Priester took them all into the locker room where they were able to get autographs from the girls on the team.  I think they all had a great time, hopefully some of the energy will show up in OUR game on Sunday!!

Needless to say Oakton was awesome!!!  They got the ball down the court soooo fast, way faster than I ever remembered getting my butt down the floor haha!!  Good luck to the Cougars in the district tournament coming up!!

No comments: