Friday, September 9, 2011

Rain rain go away!!!!

I don't know about you, but I am OVER IT!!!  It has been raining for what seems like forever and all on the tails of the earthquake and hurricane we have experienced over the past 2 weeks, any other natural disasters coming our way?!?!  We have so much freakin rain that schools are even shut down for floods, I mean really enough all ready!

Yesterday was a disaster in the DC Metro area.  At about 4:00 I made it back to my desk after being in meetings for what seemed like all day to be inundated with "OMG you need to see the pics on facebook," "it took my friend 2 hours to get home," etc etc so immediately I started looking at my facebook and talking to people on gchat and aim to see what was going on out there.  Soon after I let some of my team leave so they could get a head start on the traffic.  As I browsed the FB I came across pics like this:
I knew immediately where that was, on Wiehle right off the Toll Road which I take to get home, not even a mile from the road I was going to be on when I decided to leave.  Rumors of the toll road not moving, rte 7 being completely shut down in 2 places, and people in my office freaking out led me to sit at my desk a little longer and wait for traffic to hopefully die down.  No one wants a preggo lady in the middle of a flood with a bladder about to explode, no I could not afford to sit in 2 hours of traffic without using the potty, not to mention road rage is an understatement.  Anywho, about 45 minutes later I was beginning to feel claustrophobic like I was never going to get out of here, so I packed some cups and some toilet paper, a few snacks and a water bottle, used the potty twice and decided to give it a whirl.  Well lucky me, maybe it's my timing or my insane impatience but I made it home in 35 minutes perfect, sorry if I cut you off in the process!!!

Today I wake up, head out the door, and what do you know it is raining again...I am over it!!  I also have a wedding this weekend, STOP RAINING!!!

No comments: