Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11~10 years later

Where were you when you first heard the tower had been hit?? I was sleeping in my apartment in college park Phase II at Virginia Tech and my roomate Kelly came to wake me up and let me know what was going on...I remember a lot of details from that day...I remember sitting there in shock and being glued to the tv wondering what was going on.  I remember trying and trying and trying to get in touch with my dad who worked in pentagon city, saw the plane fly right by his window.  I remember going to my 11:00 class, Tech hadn't canceled school yet, and one girl just started balling hysterically because her dad was in one of the towers and she hadn't been able to get in touch with him, we were getting ready to take a test in abnormal psychology.

Today, 10 years later, we have watched a ton of the 9-11 coverage, it's all still so sad.  It's crazy that 10 years have gone by but I am amazed at the stregnth of our country.  I am so proud to be an American.

No comments: