Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Not a good night on AI

The top 12 took the stage to sing songs from the year they were born.  While I was not impressed with the majority of the contestants, I was impressed with J-Lo's hair, it was HUGE!!!

Well here goes nothing:

Naima Adedapo- I do not like her as a contestant or a performer and last nights performance didn't change my mind, not in the least.  I think she is "dreadful" as Simon would say, I miss him.  Sounds like she is screaming into the microphone, and having her go first really sets a terrible tone for the evening.

Paul McDonald- Love him or hate him he does what he does and he has people talking about it.  I personally am not a huge fan of his very unique voice, I don't see him going anywhere with it.  Also, about his wack-O dance moves, doesn't it just look like he is going to fall over at any minute???  I wonder how much he drinks before going on stage.  I mean I guess his performance of "Thats why they call it the Blues" was okay, he's just weird and won't be an American Idol.

Thia Megia- Sang "Colors of the Wind."  While I have not really thought much of her to this point, I thought she did a really nice job tonight.  I really liked her song choice and I think she sang it beautifully.  And for the first time I actually think she has a good voice and think her performance tonight has probably kept her around for another week.

James Durbin- When I saw he was singing "I'll be there for you" I was so excited for his performance as I LOVE this song...Take a great performer, a great song, and something completely different than what he has showed us the past 2 weeks and you get ANOTHER awesome job by James Durbin.  Is there anything he can't do??  James is also a genius, he now has Stephen Tyler agreeing to sing with him in the finale, never seen that before but bravo bravo...will get votes just to see that.  As much as I have tried to not like him, I think I love him now :)

Hayley Rhinehart- really needed to come out and have her performance of a life time tonight.  Besides being completely confused with who she is, totally agree with Randy here, I don't think her rendition of "I'm your baby Tonight" was good, kinda annoying actually.

Stefano Langone- Sang "If you don't know me by now" and this was exactly what he needed.  He had a great performance and sang the crap outta that song.  Good night for this guy!

Pia Toscano- Sang "Where do Broken Heart go."  After 2 amazing performances the past 2 weeks, I think she slipped just a tad here, but I mean the bar was wayyyy high, so just slightly slipping is really no big deal for her.  She's still the current front runner in my humble opinion.  I would like to see something different next week, something more upbeat and more current/fun!

Scotty McCreery- sand "Can I trust you with my heart."  This guy knows who he is, he is a great country singer.  When he is singing I can just picture myself at Jiffy Lube Live watching him on stage at WMZQ fest or opening for one of country's great.  Do I think he is the next country great, but an opener possibly.  I think he sang just fine, sounds great, performance is again nothing special, but good job all around.

Karen Rodriguez- "Love will lead you back"- things that make you go hummm...this girl drives me crazy.  I do not like her in the least, her singing makes me ears ring.  I have a feeling America is with me on this, and thank goodness I am guessing this will be the last we hear of her.  When you are singing to AMERICA sing in ENGLISH!


Casey Abrams - "Smells like Teen Spirit"- okay people, the screaming has got to stop.  It does not sound good and does nothing for your viewers ears.  This was just not good.

Lauren Alaina- "I'm the only one"- I really want Lauren to do awesome, I want her to be the best and I want her to be my favorite- I think she has teh "it factor" that it takes to be an American Idol.  Born in 1994, make me feel super old.  I don't think she has surpassed Pia but her performance tonight, even while being sick was awesome and she has completely redeemed herself.  Love that she got the audience involved, she's a star!!


Jacob Lusk- "Alone"- He wants to be good so bad, but unfortunately he just isn't awesome.  I think his performance like others was a lot of annoying yelling and boringness.

Soooo for the juicy predictions:

Safe for sure: Lauren, Pai, James, Scotty

My bottom 3: Naima, Karen, and Hayley or Jacob

Going home: Karen

No comments: