Thursday, January 5, 2012

Top Ten Thursday...Christmas Giving!!!

My favorite part of Christmas other than being with family and doing our normal travel up and down 95 and having complete chaos for days (no really, I love that) is finding the absolute perfect gift for people, something they would love and aren't necessarily expecting!!  I really put a lot of thought into the perfect gift, something meaningful, for everyone on our list!!

10. Alcohol Breath Tester- We got together with friends on the 23rd and did a "dirty" gift exchange dealio with items less than $10.00.  Every present basically had to do with alcohol.  While my gift wasn't necessarily for anyone in particular, it landed in Will's hand which works out perfectly for his and Eric's trip to NOLA for the sugar bowl, I can see it now...we're only at yellow, another hurricane please!!!

9. Hostess gifts!  Every year finding the super cute and perfect gift to take to those awesome people that invite us to their Christmas parties is one of my favorite things.  This year I had totally forgot until the week of and luckily came across these adorable wine bottle outfits ha!

8. Ornament!!  While I am not usually an ornament giving type of person, when we got married I totally loved getting anything with our wedding day on it especially the Lenox Christmas ornaments with our wedding date!!  For Jessica (from work) that is what I got her, I think it is so cute and meaningful, hopefully she likes it because the Jessica's on my list always rate the hardest to shop for!!
7.Matching Mommy and Baby Pj's- For Julie this year I of course wanted to get her something super cute that of course had to do with baby baby baby!!!  I found these pj's online and thought they were just to die for (actually got a pair myself from Santa, blue of course).  Julie, like me is totally into the cutesy stuff so she is always so fun to buy for!!  Hope her and Ginny love their pjs!!
 
6. Waffles anyone?!?!  Eric and I always wake up on the weekends and wish we had a waffle maker.  While most of the presents he got this year he had asked for at some point the waffle maker was a total surprise and he is super stoked for the next weekend we are home and can put it to use.
4  and  5. Baby Bags!  Camo (requested) for the daddy to be and Vera Bradley Blue Lagoon for the Gma to be!!!  I doubt Eric would want to carry around my purple and blue Kate Spade one and Debs deserves her own as well!!  Pretty much anything having to do with Ryan this Christmas was sooooo exciting for everyone!!!


3. Keurig Christmas!!  Debs had mentioned she wanted a Keurig but then said she wanted a Nook more and for us all to go in together and get her the Nook.  Well Debs does sooooo much for all of us all year long that in addition to the gifts we each gave her (Chris gave her the Nook) we all went in together and got her the Keurig, she was sooooo surprised and LOVED it, yay surprises!!!!

2. Cooking Theme-  Besides the awesome wrapping job on this one, I love themes!  Ginny was my secret Santa for the King gift exchange, she is an amazing cook and wanted some cooking items!  What we did was got her a new spatula as you see on the outside, she has ruined hers in blenders, got her an oversize wood cutting board which she wanted, and then we also got her a cooking class at a place in Richmond!!!  We hope that she loves it and will have a wonderful time taking the class!!!
1. Movie Date!!!  And my favorite gift to give this year was what we got our nieces and nephews.  This year we were able to stay overnight in Richmond since big bill now lives there and what a better idea then to get them a present where they got to hang out with us since we don't see them nearly enough.  Movie tickets it was!!  Of course I presented them in a super cute way:
So we met up with the little darlings at Short Pump movie theater and had a date to the Muppets!!  So much fun and such a great time spending the afternoon with the little ones :)

No comments: