Monday, April 16, 2012

3 months old - working mom

Is it weird that when I just got my update from the baby center saying your baby 3 months- 1st week that I started crying?!?!  Holy hormones, this is the biggest emotional roller coaster I have ever experienced, ever, and I am pretty darn emotional.  WHAT!?!?  When on earth did my baby turn 3 months, and he is already and Shanna's which seemed like yearssss away when we talked to her about watching him, he is huge and growing so fast, and just omg time can you please chill out for a second.  I feel like I am going to go home today and he is going to be walking.  Whoever designed this whole life thing really pushed the fast forwarding button on too many of the awesome stages (including college hehe).

I am happy to report that I am still alive with a whole week of work under my belt.  As miserable as the first day was I did it and I am okay and so is my little guy.  I keep just telling myself I am doing this whole work thing to provide the best life possible for him and that gets me through the days.  It's also helpful that almost everyone in my office has pictures of him in theirs so everywhere I go there he is.  

I do have a whole post in my head about maternity leave and motherhood and what it feels like to be responsible for another life that you created etc etc, but I don't have time to spill that out right now.  However, I do want to say Stay at home moms and single moms (I know this because Eric is traveling this whole week) deserve wayyyyyy more credit than they get.  Work is a break for me, like to sit still for a second.  Being a parent, while the most awesome/amazing/rewarding job in the world, is non stop and super busy crazy.  So a big shout out to all you stay at home moms including MINE, way to go Debs!!!!!!

No comments: