Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beautiful Day for ...."Running?!?!?!"

65 degrees in February...can't turn down a day like this to try the whole running thing after a 10 month pregnancy hiatus due to doctors orders...

Running after pregnancy - OH MY

and

With Baby - TOO FUN

and 

With Dog - TOO MUCH!!!
This was quite an experience.  First off running, well as you can imagine running after almost a year of not running is not easy ..at all.  Then tack on 20 pounds still sticking around from pregnancy (that's in addition to the other 20 extra pounds I had on before I got preggo), this was not pretty.  My legs felt like tree stumps, a deflated belly bump is not cool- kinda lump whump whump whump with every step- gross, and boobies 3 sizes bigger than usual - ouch!

Then you add a baby, of course- because I won't do anything without him..he was easy.  Ryan slept the entire time and OMG I love love love my BOB!!!  The BOB doesn't really even require any pushing, it just kinda glides and you just have to steer - easy peasy!

Then you add a not so well trained but super sweet heart dog.  Rocco was my old running partner and I always feel super guilty leaving the dogs at home when I do something outside, got over it with Callie as I am sure she would rather lay on the couch then go running but Rocco was waiting for me at the garage door.  Okay fine Rocco you can come, leashed him up, and off we went.  I was yelling "Rocco Rocco Rocco" the whole time, he looked so sad when I got mad at him, and hey it's not his fault he doesn't know how to walk with a stroller but that was super duper frustrating.  He kept cutting me off, so I ran into him with the stroller once to try and teach him a lesson, didn't work...

Mission: Get in Shape!!!  You know for my first time out, we went 3 miles I would say I jogged/trotted about a mile of that, of course not all at the same time, but more than I thought I would be able to do.  My goal is at least 2 miles 5/7 days a week for the next 6 weeks, hopefully it stays nice out because I am not a huge fan of taking this bod to the gym!

Lessons Learned for next time: Locate my IPod charger and charge it, two sports bras, one extremely tight tank top to hold in that gross belly, then a looser shirt on top to cover it all up, anddddd leaving the dog at home (although prob not).  And most of all, I got to keep it up to get rid of this left over preggo-ness.  Not being preggo (looking back I really loved being preggo and kinda miss it) but still looking it, is not cool.

What a beautiful day to be outside, nothing beats some sunshine and fresh air!!!

No comments: