Thursday, October 6, 2011

Grandparents

I thought my grandparents were worth a post entirely of their own.  I have been thinking about them a lot lately, my Grandma Parker is sick with altehzmers and it's just so sad.  But on the other hand I look at it like how lucky I am to have my grandparents.  I am 30 years old and still have all 4 of them, that's pretty amazing!!  And all 4 of them are and have been so involved in our lives (the grandkids) growing up!


On the Parker side I am the oldest of 9.  Being the oldest has been totally cool.  Just seeing how my parents are now with a grandchild on the way I can only imagine how everyone on the Parker side of the family was anxiously anticipating my arrival.  I was the first baby that wasn't their own so they could spoil spoil spoil, of course I soaked up every ounce of that!!  My Papa was the grill master, we always went over there for cookouts, and when it was time to leave we would run around the front yard playing "I got you last" until I was able to get him last and lock myself in the car.  When my parents got divorced we even lived with my Gma and Papa Parker for a little while, I loooooooooooved being with Gma, we would have "sleep overs" all the time, watch the Golden Girls, and all of the beauty pagaents together!!  Gma was also a bus driver back in the day and the bus was always parked in the driveway.  Since being a patrol was my dream at the time I would practice seating people on the bus for hours.  Papa would drive us around the back yard in a trailer attached to his lawn mower...I just have great memories at Gma and Papa Parkers house!!
Papa P - the Grill Master
Grandma P with all the girl grandkids- except Taylor

Gma Parker and Me- October 2006


On the Thomas side was I was the 2nd grandkid, born 2 years behind Wendy!  With 2 girls 2 years apart, Grandma just loveeeeeeeeeed to dress us the same, until we were like 15, and take us on trips every summer, up and down rte 29 we would go.  On the ski slope we were referred to as Pete and Repeat, and yes by the way Grandma and Papa Thomas STILL ski.  They are amazing.  Grandma is going to live forever, she has more energy than I do and than I did when I was 15, it seemed everytime I would fall asleep on the couch for a nap, Gma arrived and made me do stuff.  She drives a convertible and doesn't have a gray hair in her head.  Papa is so sweet, like the nicest guy!  They both play golf multiple times a week and always seem to have some party to attend in their super cute themed outfits.  I hope I can be like these two when I am their age, although in this case age really is just a number.  Grandma and Papa live in Lynchburg and Wintergreen, we really only see them at Wintergreen anymore because they are there basically every weekend.  Grandma is hillarious with her wine time, she's a fabulous cook, and just so funny!  Papa is adorable.  So lucky to have such young grandparents that are probably going to outlive me!!
Mom, Me, and Gma at my Bridal Luncheon

Jne of our favorite dress us a like outfits by GMA!!

With Gma and Pops at our Wedding!!!
Anywho, I am lucky to have my grandparents and just wanted to say that!!




No comments: