Monday, August 1, 2011

We're into...SAVINGS!!!

After pulling together our July spending and adding that to our year spending, I have decided we spend entirely too much money on groceries.  We, the two of us, spent over $800 in July at the grocery store, that is too much!  I decided to get into coupons, I looked up a few sights online and we even stopped and got the Sunday Washington Post on the way home from Wintergreen so I could clip all the coupons.  I have of course heard of all those extreme couponers that spend less than a dollar on $1,000.00 worth of groceries.  While I don't think I have reached that commitment level, I am going to try and save save save.  So today I clipped and recorded all of the coupons on an excel spread sheet. 

Alright, here we go August, let's save money!!!!  I have heard the key is looking at where the deals are and then using coupons on top of the deals already being offered.  If anyone has any other ideas, I am obviously open to any and all suggestions.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

If you shop at Target, their online coupon site is great, too!

The Kings said...

Of course we shop at target!!! Pretty much on a weekly basis!! I will look at their coupons too, thank so much!!!