Monday, May 23, 2011

Bridesmaids

After seeing the hot new movie, Bridesmaids, and a great friend of mine getting married in about a month weddings and bridesmaids have consumed much of my attention.  Being a bridesmaid isn't just about planning a wild bachelorette party, a shower to remember, making long lasting memories, and remembering everything the bride forgets on her big day.  It's more than that, it's about standing next to that person on the biggest day of their lives, and being asked to do so....well that's one of the most honorable questions a friend can ask.

Being a bridesmaid is an honor, of course until the bride goes bat $hit craaaazy, then it's a job.  Lucky for me, I haven't witnessed the super crazy off the wall bride yet and all of my bridesmaid duties to this point have been fabulous!!  I love being a bridesmaid actually and it really does mean the absolute world to me when I am asked to be in a wedding.  Some friends sent flowers, some sent cards, I sent cookies, some simply just asked!  Lets take a trip down memory lane....
 
First comes Flower Girl, then comes Bridesmaid...

1986 My first trip down the aisle was as the Flower Girl for my cousins Rhonda and Tim's Wedding~winter wedding, love that!!!!
 1988 With my Grandma Before Flower Girl Duties call in my aunt Patty and uncle George's Wedding!!!  
Lets take a trip down bridesmaid lane...My OH my have the trends changed in dresses and styles over the years...check these out.

1993 My first trip down the aisle as a bridesmaid was at my aunt Jennifer's wedding .  Yes I agree the bangs (mine) are terrible....

2000 My first "Friend" wedding...Little Ria took the plunge early and has now been married for many many years and has 4 absolutely beautiful babies!!!  Periwinkle ahhh I LOVE it!!!
 
2007 Lauren went with a classy Marilyn Monroe look for her special day.  I just love the color!!!

2008 Jill chose a excellent beach wedding color for her maids.  The Tangerine Orange from Jcrew fit perfectly with the blue and green of the sky and ocean.
 2009 Julie got married at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club which is one of the most beautiful venues out there.  She had an amazing laid back/fancy, beachy but not on the beach, classy gorgeous wedding.  She chose yellow for her bridesmaids, of course a favorite among those who tan easily!!


Also in 2009 was our big day.  We did the vineyard wedding which conveniently goes perfectly with my favorite color purple.  I just love my bridesmaids!!

2011 And next up is Courtneys!  Headed back to the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club for another fabulous wedding in aqua!!  Here's a sneak peak:
My girls are my sisters, I just love them so!!!

No comments: