Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Can't go wrong with Motown!!!


Takin it back…MOOOOTOWN style!!!  Great genre, and tonight was great and fun to watch.

Casey Abrahms-started it off with a classic that everyone knows, “I heard it through the Grapevine.”  Great song choice as I am always a fan of singing songs your audience knows and he really put on a show tonight!!  I loved the raspiness and audience interaction.  Casey has redeemed himself in my book, way to go!

Thia Megia- After much criticism for singing the same thing every week, boring ballads, Thia came out with “Heatwave” another excellent song choice.  She had the audience up their feet, and she did get lost in the song from time to time but I thought she did great.  She was upbeat and fun and looked cute and trendy…all of the things a 16 year old should be.

Jacob Lusk sang “You’re all I Need to Get By.”  Well his voice just screams Mo-town and he did awesome!!  He reached the high notes, he hit the low ones, he put on a fantastic performance, and had the audience on their feet the entire song.  Excellent job Jacob!!!  I think the hug from Steven Tyler and the standing O from the judges says it all.

Lauren Alai- Sang “Set me Free Why Don’t ya Babe.”  I just love her, she is someone I would be friends with!  She is so fun, looked so pretty, and just had a great voice.  She has a spunky and sassy and has a ton of attitude all of which is about to take her all the way through this competition.  Well done Lauren, you rock!!!

Stefano Langone- sang “Eyes Open”- my opinion, I think he is skating on thin ice from week to week so I never know what to expect.  I don’t know what to say about the performance tonight, I don’t think his voice is as beautiful and awesome as the judges and honestly his performance looked so difficult, like he was trying soooo hard rather than it just coming easy to him.  It was good, I mean okay, but after what we have seen so far, I think he might be in trouble….

Haley Reinhart- “You Really got a Hold on me.”  Humm Haley did well, she has a huge voice, has that growl thing I love, and looked awesome.  Having said all of that I think it might just be too late for her or it might just be the beginning.  If she is back next week, she needs to bring something even bigger and do it even better.

Scotty McCreery- “For Once in my Life.”  Okay so we get it, he is a country singer, but are we sick of it and wanting to see something more???  I haven’t decided yet.  His performances are all nice and good and all that, but are they memorable in a competition such as this?  I am not so sure, it’s the same thing every time.  I don’t think he’s going home, or even in the bottom 3 because I think he does have a huge fan base, but I am not sure how much longer his same ole country routine is gonna cut it.

Pia Toscana– “All is Fair in Love.”  There is no denying it, her voice is absolutely amazing and she is beautiful.  Week to week I can’t wait to hear her sing because I know it will always be awesome, she can sing the phone book as the judges have said in year past.  I wish she would have sang a song I knew, nonetheless another great performance by Pia!

Paul McDonald – “Take a good look at my Face.”  I thought he did well, however if that performance came on the radio on my way to work, I would absolutely change the channel.  I just don’t get him or his voice.

Naima Adedapo- “Dancin’ in the Streets.”- Well she shut me up.  I think she did great and had her best performance I remember from her.  Her performance was fun, it was upbeat, it kept me engaged and interested and wanting to hear more.  And holy dance moves, that was a sort of crazy awesome.

James Durbin -“Livin for the City.”  Nothing new, amazing every week so far, he just brings it.  He looks like a star on the stage and helloooo the crowd just LOVES him.  He has become quickly one of my top 3.

Alright here it goes, and ps I am 2/2 so far, the pressure is mounting:
Safe for sure and calling it, top 3: Lauren, Pia, James

In Trouble: Stefano, Haley, and maybe Paul??  If not Paul maybe Thia or Naima.

Going home....Stefano or Haley hummm I'm gonna say Stefano this week is going home.

No comments: