Monday, October 11, 2010

baking

I was never into baking, ever, or anything in the kitchen really. But I was intrigued by the footed cake platter from Crate in Barrel when we were registering, and I got it at my bridal shower (Thank you Aunt Patty). Now I can't get enough, I don't know if I just like the way it looks on the counter or what but ever since we moved into our new house I feel like I bake something at least once a week, darn sweet tooth. This past weekend we had Mom and Mike over for a cookout!! On the menu: Steak, Sweet Potato fries, squash/zuchinni, jalepeno/cheese bread, and of course my famous salad. Dinner was delicious!! Of course we couldn't put on such a production without dessert, Spice Cake it was!!! We had bought mum's/pumpkins/straw that morning, I was feeling very fall-ish and spice cake fit the theme. I traded Apple Sauce for the Oil, Egg White egg beaters for the Eggs, and voila a very tasty spice cake for almost half the calories!!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ooh, share the recipe for your famous salad :)

The Kings said...

Nothing too special, just the key is to soak all of the stuff (onions, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli) in the oil and vinegar for like an hour before you are ready to eat. Then right before add lettuce mix it all together and voila!! Just much more tasty because everything is soaked!