Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This is American Idol

Tonight the remaining 11 (since Casey was saved last week, leaving me still 2/2) will sing songs by Elton John.

Scotty McCreery- "Country Comfort"-  not even sure if I have ever heard this song before??  Anywho, same ole Scotty- he's a country boy, he sings awesome, he gives shout outs during his songs, but he doesn't really do anything new, take any risks etc...might be boring???

Naima Adedapo - "I'm Still Standing" -  Not for long ha!  I think tonight she just proved that she isn't good, she is more of a wack job that can't sing.


Paul McDonald - "Rocketman"- He did well, but needs a new fashion consultant.  I wasn't blown away, I don't think he will win the competition, but he will be back next week I believe.

Pia Toscano- "Don't let the Sun Go down on Me"- This girl has it all, she is beautiful, she's got pipes, she's got emotion, and her voice kicks a$$!!!  Same thing different week...pure awesomeness!!!  However, can we pahhhhlease get something new next week???  And the whole choir joinng in thing...not cool!!

Stefano Langone - "Tiny Dancer"- Just when you think he is down and out, he comes out and has a great performance.  I think if you don't look at him, cuz he just looks ackward and weird, his voice is actually pretty good.  I call it a come back...well at least for a week. 

Lauren Alaina- "Candle in the Wind"- Is she not just the cutest thing?  Her little video had me LOL-ing!!  She is awesome and best performance of the night!!  I was SOOO hoping she would sing this song when I heard the theme, she "slayed" it as Randy says.  I LOVE Tyler's comment "you are gonna make enough money one day to afford the rest of that dress," hahaha!!

James Durbin "Saturday Night's Allright for Fighting"- This performance was completely insane, but in an awesome sort of way!!!  He was running all over the place, throwing mic stands, dancing on the piano, and starting fires!!  What can't this guy do??  He is a true performer!!

Thia Megia- "Daniel"- I thought she did really well, great song choice, and I think it was probably her best performance for her for me ha!  However, I think she is too far behind.  I hope she makes it through this week because I think her VOICE (which is what this is all about right??) is better than some of the others but unfortunately I think her fan base has fallen by the way side.

Casey Abrams- "Your Song"- after being voted off last week he really needed to bring his A++++ game tonight.  Well I thought he did, I thought he was believable and I felt it!!  I think he deserved the save, unless of course one of my faves is on the chopping block.  Anywho great performance by him, hopefully good enough for a few million votes to remove himself from the bottom 3.

Jacob Lusk- "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word"- ehhhh enough with the weird facial expressions already.  Not a fan, sorry.

Haley Rhinehart- "Bernie and the Jets"- Well I love that growling thing and I think this was her best performance, at least in my opinion.

Oh So Safe: Pia, Scotty, Lauren, James


Bottom 3: Naima, Paul, Thia

Headed home: Naima and Paul- sorry guys :(

No comments: